Basics of FERPA
- Talk to Student Administrative Services if you are ever in doubt.
- Consider Personal Information, Enrollment Records, Grades and Schedules as part of a student's education record.
- Protect the student education records in your possession.
- Release student education records without the written consent of the student.
- Use the entire Social Security Number of a student in a public posting of grades.
- Link the name of a student with that student's social security number in any public manner.
- Discuss the progress of any student with anyone (including parents) other than that student without the consent of the student.