Students who are in the Clarkson University pre Physical Therapy program must meet the following criteria in order to be accepted into the Doctor of Physical Therapy program:
- Complete a baccalaureate degree at Clarkson University with an overall grade point average greater than or equal to 3.2
- Grade point average greater than or equal to 3.2 in all pre-requisite courses and no grade lower than a C in these courses.
- Successfully pass PT 105 and PT 305.
- Submit documentation of a minimum of 50 hours of observation/volunteer or work experience in physical therapy and/or another healthcare setting, of which a minimum of 30 hours must be completed under the supervision of a physical therapist.
- Submit three letters of recommendation. One must be from a physical therapist and one from a faculty member. None can be from family, friends or clergy.
- Submit an application to the DPT program through the Physical Therapy Common Application Service by September 20th of your senior year.