The Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Clarkson University is accredited by The Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE). 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org. The program was originally accredited on Nov. 16, 2001, and reaffirmed on Oct. 28, 2009. CAPTE is the sole accreditation agency for physical therapy programs in the nation. It is our policy to maintain accreditation, and our next site visit is scheduled for 2016. Licensure through the state is required for practice as a physical therapist. Licensure is gained through successful completion of the National Physical Therapy Examination offered by the Federation of State Boards in Physical Therapy.
Graduation Rate: 91.3% of admitted students to the Doctor of Physical Therapy program graduated (2 year average from 2014-2015).
Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy National Physical Therapy Licensure Exam Pass Rate: 95.2% of the graduates passed the licensure exam (2 year average from 2014-2015).
Employment: Of those program graduates responding to surveys 100% are employed as Physical Therapists if they desire to be so (2 year average from 2014-2015).
- The program and institution are also accredited by
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (July 1, 2008), and to grant a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree (March 28, 2006).
- The Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York to offer a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree-granting Program (May 18, 2005).
- Comments or complaints about the Clarkson University - PT Program should be sent to the Chair of the program or the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences:
- Comments or complaints about the Clarkson University PT Program or Clarkson University related to the CAPTE evaluative criteria can also be mailed to the Department of Accreditation, American Physical Therapy Association, 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-1488; Fax: 703/684-7343; or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information on the process of filing a complaint regarding the program with CAPTE go to: http://www.capteonline.org/Complaints/