Information for Affiliates
Clarkson's Institute for a Sustainable Environment office is located in TAC 122. Affiliated faculty and students are distributed campus wide.
The ISE is governed by an Executive Committee with substantial input from several committees: Undergraduate Affairs, Graduate Affairs, Research and Sustainability. See the current Governance Document for additional details.
The ISE generates an Annual Report that highlights research and education initiatives. It is a great historical record of our progress and success:
- Institute for a Sustainable Environment 2013-2014 Annual Report
- Institute for a Sustainable Environment 2012-2013 Annual Report
- Institute for a Sustainable Environment 2011-2012 Annual Report
- Institute for a Sustainable Environment 2010-2011 Annual Report
- Institute for a Sustainable Environment 2009-2010 Annual Report
(.pdf 1.06 MB)
- Center for the Environment 2006-2007 Annual Report
(.pdf 879 KB)
- Center for the Environment 2005-2006 Annual Report
(.pdf 737 KB)
- Center for the Environment 2004-2005 Annual Report
(.pdf 12.34 MB)
- Center for the Environment 2003-2004 Annual Report
(.pdf 445 KB)
- Center for the Environment 2002-2003 Annual Report
(.pdf 443 KB)
- Center for the Environment 2001-2002 Annual Report
(.pdf 484 KB)
Susan E. Powers, the Spence Professor of Sustainable Environmental Systems, is the current Interim Director of the ISE. She also serves as the Assoc. Director for Sustainability.
(Photo coming soon)
The ISE is governed by an Executive Committee that includes representatives from each Clarkson’s Academic Schools. Current members include: co-chair Alan Rossner, ISE Assoc. Director; Stephen Bird and Joseph Skufca, A&S; Martin Heintzelman, CUSB and Brian Helenbrook, CSoE.
(Photo coming soon)
The ISE is supported by staff members Theresa Ferero, Carmen Camp, Michael Dinan (director, ADK Semester) and Alex French (Sustainability Coordinator).