Point of Contact: Dr. Kerop Janoyan, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
A properly designed transportation system improves transportation mobility and accessibility while minimizing harm to our physical, natural, and social environments. The overall goal is to bring together engineers and scientists, social scientists, biologists, ecologists and economists to create the knowledge and technology that will lead to better investments and to smarter policies in transportation energy systems.
Some areas of expertise and research are:
- Bridge Load rating and structural health monitoring
- Vibration monitoring and modal analysis for condition assessment of structures and machines
- Roadway and bridge design
- Sensor development and deployment
- Winter maintenance practices
More information can be found on the Laboratory for Intelligent Infrastructure and Transportation Technologies (LIITT) web site.