Milton Kerker Chaired Professor of Colloid Science
145 Science Center
PO Box 5810
Potsdam, NY 13699-5810
1976: B.Sc. & M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering - D.I. Mendeleyev Chemical Engineering University, Moscow, Russia
1983: Ph.D. in Chemistry - A.N. Frumkin Institute of Electrochemistry, Russian Acad. Sci., Moscow, Russia
- 2006-present: Milton Kerker Chaired Professor, Department of Chemistry & Biomolecular Science, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY
- 1993-2006: Senior Research Associate (1993-2000) / Associate Professor (2000-2006), Institute of Chemistry, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
- 1983-1991: Senior Research Scientist, Institute of Photosynthesis, Russian Acad. Sci., Pushchino, Russia
Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, München Technische Universität, Department of General Chemistry & Biochemistry, Freising, Germany (1992-1993);
CSIC Fellow, Instituto de Catalisis, CSIC, Madrid, Spain (1992);
Postdoctoral Fellow, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel (1991-1992).
- Biocomputing based on enzymes and DNA, logical gates and arithmetics based on bioelectronic systems, self-organized & self-responding bioelectronic systems.
- Biofunctionalized nanomaterials (metallic nanoparticles, magnetic nanoparticles, semiconductive quantum dots, nanorods, nanowires) for bioelectronic and biomedical applications.
- Bionanoengineering, functional interfaces composed of biomaterials & nano-objects, supra-molecular hybrid systems with complex molecular/biomolecular architecture.
- Bioelectronics & optobioelectronics, switchable & tunable electrobiocatalytic and photobiocatalytic systems.
- Bionanotechnology for bioelectronic applications, electrical wiring of enzymes by nano-objects, amplification paths for bioanalytical systems, nanocircuitry generation based on biotemplates & biocatalysts.
- Biosensors based on integrated systems with complex molecular architecture, self-powered biosensors, switchable & tunable biosensors.
Professional Honors, Fellowships and Affiliations:
- Professor Accreditation by Agència per a la Qualitat del Sistema Universitari a Catalunya (AQU Catalunya, Spain), 2006;
- Kaye Awards for Scientific Innovations, Hebrew University, Israel, 1995 and 2004;
- Research Award, Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung, Germany, 1993;
- Research Award, CSIC, Spain, 1992;
- Institute Recognition Awards, Institute of Photosynthesis, Russian Acad. Sci., 1983, and 1989;
- State Medal of Inventor, USSR, 1989.