Awards and Grants
Merit and Need Based Awards
Exceptional effort deserves recognition. If we think your admission application shows outstanding promise, you could receive one of the following Clarkson scholarships:
- The Clarkson School Presidential Scholarship: The $80,000 Clarkson School Presidential Scholarship is one of the highest honors given to incoming students. Each year, five scholars will be chosen to receive this $20,000 per year award. Recipients are selected based on their high school GPA, standardized test scores, and extracurricular involvement. In order to receive full consideration, students must submit the Clarkson School application portfolio by April 15.*
- The Clarkson School Scholars Award: This award is given by a participating high school guidance counselor to a student during his/her junior year. This award provides $15,000 yearly and can be used for up to four years while attending The Clarkson School and Clarkson University. Eligible students must be in an accelerated high school program and have maintained a GPA of 93 or higher or are ranked in the top 15% of their class. Submisson due by April 15.*
- The Clarkson School Merit Award: This award is available based solely on prior academic success and promise of future achievement. The student must have a 2.0 cumulative average at the end of the spring semester to continue receiving the award for the following years.*
- The Clarkson School Grant: This grant is based primarily on financial need and academic achievement. This award is renewed each year based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The student must remain in good academic standing at Clarkson to continue receiving the award for the following years.
- The Clarkson School Adirondack Scholars Award: Students eligible for this award must reside in one of the following counties: Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence, Warren, and Washington. Students must have a minimum high school average of 90, complete an on-campus interview, and submit an essay. The award is up to $6,000 per year, as long as the student remains in good academic standing at Clarkson. Students can find the Adirondack Scholars Award Application here.
Alumni Connection Awards
- Holcroft Alumni Recognition Awards: Awards based on strong potential for success and the recommendation from a Clarkson alumnus/alumna. Awards are $500 per year—students can only receive one award, regardless of the number of recommendations. We suggest students contact alumni who know enough about them to provide a meaningful reference.
- Alumni Family Award: If you indicate on your application for admission that you have a brother, sister, aunt, uncle, or cousin that attended Clarkson, you may qualify for a $500 scholarship. Only one scholarship will be granted no matter how many alumni family members you have.
- Alumni Legacy Award: If you indicate on your application for admission that you have a mother, father, grandfather, or grandmother who attended Clarkson, you may qualify for a $1000 scholarship. You can only receive one Alumni Legacy Award no matter how many alumni family connections you have.
Special Clarkson Awards
- Five-Boroughs Scholarship: This award recognizes students from the five boroughs for their hard work and commitment to academics. Recipients will receive $6,000 per year upon enrollment at Clarkson.
- FIRST Scholarship: This award recognizes select high school students who have participated on a FIRST Robotics (FRC) or Tech Challenge (FTC) team.
- Project Lead the Way Scholarship: This award goes to select high school students who have completed three Project Lead the Way courses in their high school.
- SAE Engineering Scholarship: Eight $6,000 scholarships are available to outstanding undergraduate students who plan to study engineering at Clarkson.
- Spirit of Innovation Scholarship: This scholarship recognizes select high school students who have been a Spirit of Innovation participant at their high school.
- SAGE Tuition Rewards (Savings and Growth for Education): A unique, private college savings program. Tuition Rewards are discounts off tuition at participating colleges that represent the minimum scholarship that an eligible student will receive if attending a member college. Students receive Tuition Rewards from multiple "sponsors" (for example, parents and grandparents). A sponsor designates the tuition rewards to students when they begin their senior year of high school. If the students do not use the tuition rewards, they are rolled back into the sponsor's account for use by other students. Clarkson counts Tuition Rewards as part of the normal institutional and merit scholarships. For more information on SAGE Tuition Rewards please visit https://secure.tuitionrewards.com/index.cfm.
*Please note, a student can only receive one Clarkson merit based award. If a student has already received a merit award and is then nominated for another, the student will be eligible to receive the award with the higher value.