Community of Underrepresented Professional Opportunities (CUPO)
For more information:
235 B. H. Snell
PO Box 5801
Potsdam, NY 13699
Summer: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Academic Year: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The CUPO office is the shared home to the Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program (McNair), the Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation Program, the Academic Success Program to Improve Retention and Education (ASPIRE)., and the Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP). The creation of this office brings together four long-standing federal and state Department of Education and National Science Foundation programs in one location, providing ease in access to services for students.
The CUPO office provides to eligible students academic enrichment, graduate school preparation, career and professional development, research opportunities, and social and cultural experiences.
- Academic Support: academic advisement, private tutoring, academic success workshops, book grants, laptop loans.
- Enriching Activities: conferences, cultural and social activities
- Career Development: resume writing, professional skill workshops, speakers, industry visits, FE exam funding, job shadowing and internship/co-op guidance
- Graduate School Preparedness: faculty mentors, speakers (PhDs), research opportunities, conferences to present research, GRE prep, GRE exam support, graduate application assistance, funding to visit graduate schools and workshops
- The CUPO office provides students with individual and group study space. This space is equipped with two laptops and one desktop. Students also have access to free printing , scanning and faxing. Student study space is available during regular CUPO hours and extended study hours are available, especially during midterms and finals.