Social Activities include:
- A retreat in the Adirondack the first weekend of the program.
- A two-day sustainability field trip across Lake Champlain to Burlington, tour of Shelburne Farms and Noble Ellenburg Wind VT to tour facilities such as the McNail wood gasification plant, the Intervale Composting regional composting facility, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory (and wastewater facilities), the University of Vermont Davis Center (LEED Gold Certified building), Shelburne Farms, and Noble Ellenburg Windpark.
- Canoe trips on the Raquette River right from Clarkson's on campus boathouse.
- Volleyball intramural competition with other summer research programs.
- Movie nights in the comfortable Adirondack style Outdoor Lodge.
- Whatever else you cook up!