SPW (formerly the Society of Women Managers) is a student organization at Clarkson, dedicated to the needs of Clarkson women. We are looking for women who are committed to the Society of Professional Women and its mission. Our Mission is to serve college women in preparing them for a dynamic work environment, and providing support during their studies at Clarkson University.
The objectives of the Society of Professional Women are:
- To present programs which address the concerns and opportunities of women in managerial roles while stimulating members to identify their individual values regarding these roles.
- To provide a means of developing personal and professional skills which will promote success in business and industry.
- To provide members with information on career options in management and business administration.
- To assist in the planning and promotion of college wide professional programs.
The Society of Professional Women plans to have several workshops throughout the school year. Topics typically include:
- Self-Defense/Safety Awareness
- Living Healthy/Nutrition
- Sorority Information Session
- Stress Management
- Networking Career Planning
- Roadside Assistance
For the past several years, the Society of Professional Women has hosted a Panel Discussion of professional women and men from a variety of occupations and industries to discuss various issues concerning the professional workplace. The Society of Professional Women does not collect membership dues, but we are asking that everyone interested in participating send an e-mail to email@example.com. Remember participation in activities is your "activity fee."