National Physical Science Consortium
The NSPC Fellowship Program has the lowest dropout rate in this national consortium with a retention rate of 96%.
You are eligible if you:
- Are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident ;
- Are African, Hispanic, or Native American, Pacific Islander and/or female ;
- Have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0/4.0 scale ;
- Are pursuing graduate study at a participating NPSC member university; and,
- Are prepared to work for a NPSC employer for the summer preceding and following the first year of graduate school.
You are not eligible if you:
- Are currently enrolled in either a master's or Ph.D. program; or,
- Are a non-U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
How much is the award?
NSPC fellows receive tuition, fees and a nine-month stipend (years one to four are at $12,000/year and years five and six at $15,000/year) for each graduate year, plus additional money you earn through the summer employment program.