Completion of an MS degree in basic science requires that the student meet the minimum university requirements for the master’s degree, as found in the current Clarkson course catalog:
- A minimum of 30 credit hours of graduate coursework, as follows:
- At least 20 hours of course and seminar work must be completed. The balance of coursework must be consistent with the research or professional experience component.
- Only courses numbered 500 and above are accepted for graduate credit.
- Ten credit hours of transfer credit (B grade or better) may be accepted.
- Satisfactory completion of a research experience or comparable professional experience, as follows:
- a written thesis based on independent research;
- a comprehensive examination; or
- an appropriate, professionally oriented special project.
- At least one academic year of study beyond the BS
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 in courses used to meet graduation requirements
- All work must be completed in five years.
Additional graduation requirements may be set by the research advisor or primary department.