CU Math Home
Summer 2016 will begin June 27 and run through August 17.
Welcome to Clarkson's Web-based summer math refresher!
This program gives you an opportunity to strengthen your skills in algebra, trig and geometry before taking Calculus at Clarkson.
How it works
The program is composed of three elements Webassign.com (Subscription required), Vimeo.com (No Subcription Required) and Clarkson email. Each week, on Monday, students begin by taking a Pre-Test, on the topic of the week, at Webassign.com. Next, a video is uploaded to Vimeo.com/cumath detailing the solutions to the Pre-test questions. Students can review the video and their responses on Webassign and can then ask questions via the Webassign communication portal or by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will respond either directly to the student or by way of addition videos, if we feel that the answer to the query would benefit the student population at large. Also, additional instruction MAY be available on Webassign and/or Vimeo. Finally, Thursday of each week, students do the Unit Test (posted in Webassign) which is a set of 15 spiraled questions including not only the current weekly topic, but previous topics, as well. Last, early in the following week, a video of the solutions to the previous weeks Unit Test is uploaded to the Vimeo site. The Calendar for the program is located on the right. Note all due dates are 12 PM (Noon) on the indicated date.
We have arranged special pricing through our publisher, accessible through this Cengage.
Click the Cengage Icon to access the site for purchasing a book.
Select from two special pricing options here
- Is the CU Math course free? The course is free. However, you will have to purchase a WebAssign account in order to access the course materials.
- How do I purchase WebAssign? The materials you need for the summer are precisely the materials you'll need for your Calculus classes at Clarkson - you are just purchasing early. See the CENGAGE link above.
- I am going to be on vacation for a week during the program, what do I do? When you get back, you should submit the current week's quiz. You will also be able to go back and do the work for the week you missed.
- Do I have to register for this program? You do not need to register for this program.
- WebAssign Access. (Special Pricing Available see link above): On the main page for WebAssign (webassign.com), Ma Refresher section MA 031 section 001 Summer 2016 (Engineering & Science Majors), you will notice that in the login box there is an option labeled "I have a class key". Click on that link and use the class key "clarkson 7732 2589".
You can ask questions about the material by e-mail at email@example.com