Ice Hockey Rules
Team Members: Each team will be limited to a fifteen (15) player roster. Only 6 players from each team is allowed on the ice at one time. There must be at least 6 players to start an official game, otherwise the team will forfeit the game.
GAME: The game is divided into three fifteen minute periods. Each period is running time except the last two minutes of the third period in which the clock is stopped after goals, penalties, at the discretion of the referee, etc. Play begins with a face-off in the center.
PROPER USE OF STICK: The blade of the stick should not rise above the holders shoulder at any time.
FIGHTING: Fights are prohibited. Anyone involved will be automatically suspended for the SEASON.
EQUIPMENT: Goalie masks and equipment will be supplied if needed. All other players must have helmets and face mask, full equipment is recommended.
STARTING TIMES: Teams must be ready to start games within 10 minutes of scheduled time, otherwise game will be forfeited.
TIE GAMES: There will be no overtime. Games tied after three periods will be counted as ties in the standings.
PLAYOFFS: Top two (2) teams in each division based on win-loss percentage will be in playoffs. The playoffs will be a single elimination tournament.
A. Major or minor penalty shall be assessed to a player who:
1. Body checks - automatic major
3. Raises stick over shoulders for any reason (no exceptions)
4. Leaves his/her feet and trip opponent by sliding, diving or falling.
5. Hooking sticks or opponent.
6. Slashes with stick.
7. Uses unnecessary roughness. - automatic major
8. Throws his/her stick.
10. Cross checks
11. Any abusive language or unsportsmanlike conduct directed toward referees (major penalty - no exceptions).
12. Spears or butt ends an opponent with the point of stick.
* ANY FIGHTING CONSTITUTES IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL FROM LEAGUE (NO EXCEPTIONS).
* IF A GOAL IS SCORED BY AN OPPOSING TEAM WHILE A TEAM IS SHORT HANDED, DUE TO A PENALTY, THE FIRST OF SUCH PENALTIES IS TERMINATED.
B. Minor penalties shall be assessed to any player who:
a. Interferes or impedes progress of opponent without the ball.
b. Deliberately knocks a stick out of an opponent's hand.
2. Broken Sticks.
a. Must be dropped immediately.
b. If a stick is broken, only that player may receive another from the player's box. If another player brings or throws him/her a stick, this constitutes a minor penalty (except goalkeeper - player may bring him/her one - not thrown).
3. Deliberately falls on puck, except the goalkeeper, within the crease.
a. Major penalty if the goalkeeper falls on the puck when it's behind the goal line and the goalkeeper's body is entirely outside the boundaries.
b. Penalty shot when player (except goalkeeper) falls on ball, holds puck into body, picks puck up with hand within the goal crease.
4. Pick up the puck off the ice.
1. Official drops the puck between two sticks of two players.
2. Players shall stand squarely facing each opponent's end of rink. All other players must be at least fifteen (15) feet away on the sides.
B. Off sides
1. Player can't precede the puck into the attacking zone (blue line) - FACE OFF
C. Deliberate stalling
1. Icing - FACE OFF
a. Should any player shoot or deflect the puck from his half beyond the goal line of opposing team.
2. Freezing the puck
a. the puck must be kept in motion - minor penalty.
D. Goals shall be scored
1. If the puck is put into the goal in a manner by the defending team after being played by the attacking team.
2. If the shot of an attacker has been deflected into the goal by striking the stick, skates, or any part of the body of another attacker.
3. NO goals.
a. Deliberately kicked, thrown or any other means other than a stick.
b. Deflected off official
c. An attacker unless having possession of the puck is not allowed to stand in goal crease unless puck is in goal crease area.