Matching Funds Opportunities
Matching Funds Available for Department Marketing Efforts
The Office of Marketing & External Relations offers a matching grant program to help Clarkson departments improve the quality and frequency of communications to key audiences.
For the 2012-13 fiscal year, Marketing and External Relations is setting aside funds to assist academic and administrative departments interested in improving communications in one of these key areas:
- student recruiting
- alumni communications
- peer-to-peer communications that will enhance Clarkson’s reputation
Opportunities include print, digital and web-based initiatives - e-newsletters, printed brochures, posters, videos, print or web-based advertising campaigns, direct mail/e-mail campaigns.
Here are the details
- a grant can cover up to 50 percent of the cost of a project.
- no single matching grant project from this fund will total more than $5,000
- these funds are available only in 2012-13
- a project can be a new initiative or a significant upgrade to a current project
To apply for a matching grant, please send a full description of the project (online advertising campaign plan/brochure/trifold) along with the following details:
- identification of the intended audience (who and how many)
- a summary of how this project will appeal to the audience and benefit Clarkson
- a budget with the total cost (we can also help you establish what this will cost based on the scope of the project you describe)
- the amount you are willing to put into the project as well as the requested match
Application deadline: September 7, 2012
Questions about the program and proposals should be sent to Suzanne Smith.
Examples from the past include:
Web advertising campaign for graduate business programs, brochures of alumni opportunities, postcards, new program flyers.
Alumni-Student Engagement Funds
To promote student-alumni engagement and align campus programs to the action items from last spring’s Alumni Survey, The Office of Marketing & External Relations is working with the Alumni Association to support or host on-campus events. The goal is to support students, increase the Alumni Association's presence on campus, foster opportunities for alumni-student engagement and promote University loyalty and advocate the vision of a Clarkson education.
- No single grant from this fund will total more than $500
- Funding must be used during 2012-2013 Academic Year
- Funding opps should be used to build alumni participation in campus events. It can include invitations, catering for adding alumni guests, merchandise give-aways, receptions, activities related to sporting events or clubs or a special event.
- Requests may be submitted from August 2012 to April 2013.
- Proposals should provide detailed description of activity/request, how it aligns to the mission of the Funding program, a detailed budget and explanation of costs as well as how the event will be promoted on campus.
Please contact Suzanne Smith (x6712) for more information or to submit a proposal.