The members of the service committee perform the important role of helping all Honors Program students complete the service requirement for graduating with Honors. Each class elects one representative to the Service Committee; the co-chairs are elected by the entire Honors student body.
Service Committee Responsibilities
- Introduce students to the service requirement during orientation.
- Inform students of service opportunities.
- Organize service opportunities that provide at least 500 person-hours of service per semester. One person-hour is one hour of service for each person who participates, so an event for three people that lasts two hours equals 6 person hours.
- Maintain a record of participation in service for each member of the Honors Program.
- Promote a spirit of service in the Honors Program.
- Recognize extraordinary participation in Honors service through awards and events.
Service Committee Members
Co-Chair: Lauren Smales
Co-Chair: Mackenna Wood
Class of 2017: Holly Bronson
Class of 2018: Patrick Perry
Class of 2019: Benjamin Stewart
Class of 2020: Meagan Arguien
At-Large: Rachel Yerden