Each year, Clarkson professors propose exciting new course topics for the Honors Program curriculum. Below are the current courses for the 2016-17 academic year. Click on each course title to download the syllabus.
- HP100: The Ethical Implications of Science and Technology with Professor Gary Kelly
- HP102: MATLAB: Honors Matlab Modulewith TAs Samer Akiki, Spencer Griswold, Melanie Cockrell and Tim Dunn
- FY100 section 13: Honors First Year Seminar with Professor Jon Goss and Jenny Townsend
- FY100 section 14: Honors First Year Seminar with Professsor Jon Goss and Jenny Townsend
- HP101/103: Investigating Social Problems with Professor Gary Kelly
- HP101 LAB: MatLab with TAs Samer Akik, Spencer Griswold, Melanie Cockrell and Tim Dunn
The challenge of the Sophomore Problem in 2016-2017 will be making business plans for Zenda Farms in Clayton, NY, with the goal of creating a viable destiantion farm for the Thousand Island Trust.
- HP200: Honors Sophomore Course with Professors Marshall Issen, Marc Compeau, Erin Draper, Martin Heintzelman, Tom Langen, Bill Olsen and Brenda Kozsan
- HP201: Honors Sophomore Course with Professors Marshall Issen, Marc Compeau, Erin Draper, Martin Heintzelman, Tom Langen, Bill Olsen and Brenda Kozsan
- HP300: Honors Junior Science Seminar with Professor Amy Sroka
- HP390: Honors Undergraduate Thesis with Professor Jon Goss
- HP490: Honors Undergraduate Thesis with Professor Jon Goss
- HP400: Honors Senior Course on Modernity with Professor Jon Goss
Honors introduced me to situations and questions completely out of my field - chaos theory, particle science, Internet politics, and policy-making to name a few.
- Michelle Gauger '01, Ph.D. student in Biochemistry at the University of North Carolina
Honors gave me the opportunity to think, discuss and be creative in an environment where these things were not only welcome, but expected
- Scott Levasseur '01, Engineer, ExxonMobil