Certify your Office as Sustainable
How green is your office?
It’s that time of year again! Please join your colleagues from across campus in certifying or recertifying your office as sustainable.
As part of President Collins' sustainability goals, Clarkson University strives to operate in a manner that reduces our environmental footprint and maximizes social and economic benefit within our region.
Integrating sustainability into “everything we do at Clarkson” requires that all campus stakeholders get involved and take action.
How can you help make a difference?
Increase efficiency. Reduce waste. Recycle.
Use resources that are less harmful to the environment.
Become a sustainable office
In last year’s Sustainable Office Certification challenge, 41 offices and 211 employees participated and were certified as a Green Knight or Gold Knight sustainable office. This year, we would like to see participation rates increase to 50% or more. Are you part of this elite group? Are your colleagues already certified?
Any office can become certified during the months of October and November 2013. For certification, an office will be defined as 20 people or fewer. If your office exceeds 20 people, you will need to create smaller units with separate designees. Need help with this? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can certify your office as Green Knight, Gold Knight, or Platinum Knight, based on your level of green practices. Platinum is a special status awarded to offices that have already achieved Gold status, and are going above and beyond to support Clarkson's efforts towards sustainability. While this status is awarded by committee vote only, anyone with Gold status who feels their area goes 'above and beyond' is encouraged to apply - we want to know what you are doing to further this effort!
Whether certifying for the first time or recertifying from a previous year, you will need to fill out the online Sustainability Certification form.
Questions? E-mail email@example.com
20 Offices received Sustainable Office
Certificates as in our inaugural
year, May 2011.
Platinum Sustainable Offices 2013
Offices certified Platinum have also attained Gold status
- Civil & Environmental Engineering Dept. Office
- Marketing and External Relations
- University Libraries: ERC and Health Sciences Library
Gold Knight Sustainable Offices 2013
- Andrea Ferro (individual)
- Career Center
- CARES Office and Graduate students
- Cheel Hockey Office
- Dean's Office - Coulter School of Engineering
- Dean's Office - School of Arts & Sciences
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Office
- Engineering & Management
- Human Resources Office
- Institute for a Sustainable Environment
- OIT Office
- President's Office
- Reh Center for Entrepreneurship
- Student Affairs Office
- Tom Holsen (individual)
Green Knight Sustainable Offices 2013
- Bonner group
- Brian Helenbrook (individual)
- Budget and Planning
- Business Services
- Campus Safety and Security
- CAMP Office
- Carolyn Zanta (individual)
- Chemistry and Biomolecular Science
- Chief Financial Officer Office
- Division of Research
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (Shannon Ralston, Laura Holsopple, Julie Silver)
- George Lavigne (individual)
- Guangming Yao (individual)
- Jan DeWaters (individual)
- Marjorie Meashaw (individual)
- OPAR Office
- PA Studies
- Physics Department
- Provost's Office
- Risk Management, Payroll and Purchasing
- Selma Mededovic (individual)
- Shipley Center for Innovation
- Stephanie Schuckers (individual)
- Student Success Center
- Sue Wood (individual)