Emergency Procedures Guide
How to report an emergency
- Immediately call 268-6666 to report an emergency (x6666 from an on-campus phone).
- Be prepared to provide Campus Safety with the following information:
- Nature of emergency;
- Exact location of incident (look for landmarks or room numbers);
- Number of people involved or an estimate;
- Type of assistance needed, as best you can tell (medical, fire, police);
- Your name.
In an emergency in which Campus Safety cannot be reached, dial 911 for off-campus police (from an on-campus phone dial 9-911).
If a partial or full evacuation is required, faculty and staff will be sent home and students will be directed to a place of safety. Essential personnel will stay on campus to assist with the emergency. If you have to evacuate the building you are in, please take the following actions:
- Walk calmly but quickly to the nearest marked exit and ask/assist others in doing the same;
- Do not use elevators;
- Once outside move clear of the building. Keep streets and sidewalks clear for emergency vehicles. Stay as a group so that staff and students can be accounted for;
- Do not return to evacuated building unless told to so by University officials;
- If you have a disability, proceed to designated rescue area.
Full Evacuation Procedure (PDF)