Division of Research
The mission of the Division of Research is to provide faculty and staff with expert assistance in sponsored projects administration to facilitate research and learning.
If you are new to the process for obtaining sponsored funding, please familiarize yourself with the information provided here. Then visit with us to learn how you can successfully seek and expand sponsored funds.
Updated Master Budget Template spreadsheet (Budget_Master_15.xls) to reflect new rates for indirect costs, fringe benefits, and stipend and tuition. The new indirect cost rate agreement can also be found here.
NSF releases new 2014 Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide. Effective for all NSF proposals submitted on or after February 24, 2014.
Updated Master Budget Template spreadsheet (Budget_Master_14.xls) to reflect new rates for indirect costs, fringe benefits, and stipend and tuition. The new indirect cost rate agreement can also be found here.
Updated Master Budget Template spreadsheet (Budget_Master_13.xls). The file has been updated to reflect the new stipend and tuition rates.
Important Information for Current and Potential NIH Researchers
New conflict of interest regulations go into effect for all institutions submitting proposals to and receiving funding from any U. S. Public Health Service (PHS) agency, such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH), August 24th, 2012. For additional information and details of these new regulations - Click Here
Updated Clarkson Invention Disclosure Form (Invention Disclosure). Effective January 1, 2012, Please use this new disclosure form for reporting inventions to the Division of Research. Please contact our office with any questions or if you need assistance with the form. Thank you!
Updated Master Budget Template spreadsheet (Budget_Master_12.xls). The file has been updated to reflect the new stipend and tuition rates.
Updated Master Budget Template spreadsheet (Budget_Master_11.xls). The file has been updated to reflect the new stipend and tuition rates. We have also added the ability to include funding for Research appointees (Postdoctoral Research Associates and other appointees) to now be enrolled in Clarkson's full benefits package (including the POMCO health insurance plan).
New link for the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP).
Effective January 4th, 2010, a new training requirement in the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) for NSF-funded undergraduates, graduate students, and postdoctoral researchers will be implemented. For information see the RCR section on DoR compliance page - Click Here
A Guide to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 – How to Navigate the Stimulus Funds for New York State
NSF Issues ARRA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (NSF 09-038)
NSF Issues ARRA Information
NIH Announces the Availability of Recovery Act Funds for Administrative Supplements
NIH Enhances Review Criteria for Research Grant Applications
Recovery Act of 2009: NIH Review Criteria, Scoring System, and Suspension of Appeals Process
NIH issues FOA under the Recovery Act
Recovery Act Limited Competition: NIH Challenge Grants in Health and Science Research (RC1)
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Details Surface
As many of you await the details of how $787 billion may impact your individual research goals and initiatives, the OMB released a memorandum detailing implementation requirements for distribution of funds by federal agencies. Requirements include that agencies must maintain a web page explaining their plans for dispersal and generally have two years to spend stimulus funds. For additional information on the “stimulus law” implementation and the status of each agency see the links provided below.
GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINKS FOR THE LATEST STIMULUS INFORMATION BY AGENCY
Recovery Act Opportunities posted on Grants.gov (opens in new window)
- Did You Miss the Faculty and Staff Training Sessions in October and November? Presentations Now Available - Click Here
- DoR Faculty and Staff Training Sessions Scheduled for October
and November - Click here for more Information
- NSF Issues New Grant Proposal Guide
Click here for a summary of significant changes
- New Financial Conflict of Interest Tutorial - Click here
- NIH Public Access Policy Effective (NEW) - Click here
- Presentation - Summary of FY09 Funding Priorities (.pdf) - Prepared by Dr. Susan Powers
- Proposal Submission Notice form - This Microsoft Word form can be completed electronically and emailed to Todd Travis to inform the Division of Research of your intent to submit a proposal. The completed form can also be printed for signature and approval by your Dean (or other official) to approve cost sharing. etc.
- Revised Budget Spreadsheet - Budget_Master_09.xls (version 9.02 - 04/30/08). This revision incorporates the fiscal year 09 stipend and tuition rates, indirect cost rate, and the newly revised full fringe benefit rate (see below).
- Effective FY 09, the full fringe benefit rate for research funds will be changing from 39.5% to 32.7%.
Check here for the latest in grant opportunities and more!
01/27: CoE Upcoming Solicitations
02/03: CoE Upcoming Solicitations
02/10: CoE Upcoming Solicitations
02/14: CoE Upcoming Solicitations
NEW 02/24: CoE Upcoming Solicitations