Ergonomics is the science that addresses human performance factors (human engineering) and how they relate to the job, the workplace, tools, and the environment. As part of a comprehensive health and safety program, Environmental Health & Safety offers Clarkson University personnel a variety of ergonomic resources.
Use the demonstrations and training tools provided below to help you avoid injury and improve safety and comfort on the job and at home!Office Ergonomics
- 4 Steps to Setting up Your Workstation (UCLA)
- Computer Workstation Checklist and Quick Fix (OSHA)
- Computer Workstation eTool (OSHA)
- Office Ergonomics: Computer Workstation & Mobile Computing (Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries)
- Tips for Using a Laptop (Cornell University)
- Quick Tips for Body Discomfort (Cornell University)
- Laboratory Ergonomics Tutorial (University of Michigan)
- Tips for Pipetting (UCLA)
- Tips for Using a Microscope (UCLA)
Need More Help?
If you have a question on your workstation set-up or would like an ergonomic workstation evaluation completed, please contact Environmental Health & Safety at x6640.