The Clarkson University Counseling Center will be recognized as a wellness leader that facilitates the enhancement of student development, health, retention, and success by fostering and encouraging healthy decision-making, promoting inclusion and coping skills for an ever-changing diverse student body.
- Creating a warm, welcoming, empathic, and easily accessible counseling experience.
- Offering a broad range of mental health and substance abuse prevention services that facilitates the personal and psychological growth and development of our students through individual, relationship, family and group counseling.
- Promoting a healthy adjustment to college, an environment of personal safety and respect, and improving student retention.
- Enhancing students’ appreciation of diversity and individual difference.
- Collaborating with faculty and staff to promote student well-being and support through outreach, prevention programming, and educational efforts.
- Providing crisis intervention and post-trauma support.
- Utilizing a team-based approach to clinical and ethical decisions.
- Using satisfaction surveys and current statistical data to ensure effective treatment and efficient delivery of services.
- Maintaining a strong network of credentialed, specialized, community-based providers.