Some specific examples of our dissemination and digester promotion efforts include:
- Presentations at:
- Poster: 2006 Fuel the Future Bioenergy Summit (Potsdam NY) (sponsored in part by NYSERDA)
- Poster: 2006 New Jobs for New York conference sponsored by Sen. Clinton (Rochester NY)
- Poster: 2005 visit of Sen. Clinton to Clarkson University (Potsdam NY)
- Oral: Presentation to stakeholders and USDA officials on the economic assessment of two manure digesters in the Malone region. (2005-2006, Malone NY)
- Welsh, R., G. Gillespie and M. Gremelspacher: 2007 “Cow Power: Use of Anaerobic Digesters to Address Odor and Energy Issues in the New York Dairy Industry.” Environmental Studies Seminar at Colgate University, September 21.
- Poster. 2007. Dairy Waste to Energy. Presented at the Clean Energy & Transportation Expo, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY 10/4/07
- Digester promotion activities:
- Member of Malone community digester working group
- Economic feasibility evaluation for anaerobic digester at the Mapleview Farm (1,200 head dairy), Madrid NY
- Economic feasibility evaluation for anaerobic digester at the Poupore Farm, (2,000 head dairy) Malone NY
- Economic feasibility evaluation for anaerobic digester at the Moore Farm, (800 head dairy), Malone NY
- Participant in AD/CHP work session at the Fuel the Future Bioenergy Summit (Potsdam NY)
A three-credit special topics course (CE684) centering on the NHD Pilot Plant study and incorporating the microbiology of farm anaerobic digesters will be offered at Clarkson University in the Spring of 2007.