In the event of explosion in the building, employees should take the following actions:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks, or anything else that provides protection against flying glass and debris.
- After the immediate effects of the explosion have subsided, call the Department of Public Safety, 6-6666.
- If necessary, activate the building fire alarm system.
- Evacuate the immediate area of the explosion (see Evacuation section of this guide).
- Seek out and assist injured and disabled persons in evacuating the building. Exit via the stairway. Do not use the elevator.
- Once outside, move at least 150 away from the building and proceed to the designated area for evacuation. Keep roadways and walkways clear for emergency vehicles.