Scholarships & Awards
To help pay for your education, Clarkson offers a number of special awards, as listed below. These specific awards represent a small fraction of the scholarship and grant funding available. If you do not qualify for these awards, or if the deadline has passed, do not worry. Every accepted student is automatically considered for a combination of scholarships, grants, loans and employment opportunities.
- Five-Boroughs Scholarship – This award was created to recognize students from the five boroughs for their hard work and commitment to academics. Recipients will receive $6,000 per year upon enrollment at Clarkson. Application Deadline: February 15th
- Honors Program – Scholarships for students selected for admission to the Honors Program.
- Clarkson First Scholarship – This Scholarship recognizes selected high school seniors who have participated on a FIRST Robotics (FRC) or Tech Challenge (FTC) team during their high school years. Application Deadline: February 15th, December 1st for Early Decision
- Project Lead the Way Scholarship – Awards selected high school seniors who have completed three of the five Project Lead the Way courses in their high schools. Application Deadline: February 15th, December 1st for Early Decision
- Clarkson University SAE Engineering Scholarship – Eight $6,000 scholarships are available to outstanding undergraduate students to study Engineering at Clarkson. Application Deadline: December 1st
- Adirondack Scholars Award – Competitive scholarships for students who reside in one of the following counties: Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence, Warren or Washington. Application Deadline: February 15th, December 1st for Early Decision
- Spirit of Innovation Scholarship – This Scholarship recognizes selected high school seniors who have been a Spirit of Innovation participant during their high school years. Application Deadline: February 15th, December 1st for Early Decision
To apply for need-based financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available from your high school counselor or the Clarkson Admission Office, and submit it to the U.S. Department of Education.
SPECIAL AWARDS OFFERED BY CLARKSON
- Clarkson Merit-Based Scholarships: Based on academic success and promise.
- Clarkson Grants: Awards based on strong potential for success and financial need.
- Holcroft Alumni Recognition Awards: Awards based on strong potential for success and the recommendation from a Clarkson alumnus/alumna. Awards are $500 per year, and students can only receive one award, regardless of the number of recommendations. We suggest students contact alumni who know enough about them to provide a meaningful reference. Recommendation letters must be submitted by February 15 of the student's senior year; December 1 for Early Decision Applicants.
- Clarkson Leadership Awards*: $11,000 yearly for up to four years for high school juniors, nominated by selected high schools, who demonstrate leadership, and outstanding academic achievement and who are admitted and choose to enroll at Clarkson.
- Clarkson Achievement Awards*: $9,000 yearly for up to four years for high school juniors, nominated by selected high schools, who demonstrate leadership and outstanding academic achievement, and who are admitted and choose to enroll at Clarkson.
*If students receive multiple tuition-based awards, combined tuition scholarships/grants from all sources cannot exceed full tuition plus fees. Students who receive ROTC scholarships may retain a maximum of $1,000 of the Leadership or Achievement Award each year for up to four years (total $4,000). Tuition exchange recipients are not eligible to receive the Leadership or Achievement Awards.Please click here to see if your high school participates in Clarkson's Leadership and Achievement awards program. If you do not see your high school on the list, please have your Guidance Counselor contact Kim Keeley at either firstname.lastname@example.org or at 315-268-6480.
“Clarkson is a great school, and to know that I could come here for around the same price as other schools, it was a no-brainer,” says Five-Boroughs Scholarship recipient Keisha Pierre-Lys '12 from Bronx, N.Y.
Find out what else Keisha has to say about Clarkson!