- Undergraduate Programs
- One-Year Accelerated MBA
- Executive Education
- Engineering & Global Operations Management MS
- Global Business Programs
- Contact Us
- Faculty & Staff
- School of Business
The First-Year Experience
The Clarkson Difference - it starts your very first day of classes in your first year...
- Build a team
- Learn how to identify and measure market opportunities
- Develop a product and/or service idea
- Create a business plan...marketing, financials, human resources, supply chain, and more
- Choose a community organization as a partner - you will become part of our community and donate your profits back to them at the end of the year
- Pitch the business plan to real venture capitalists and bankers
- Receive real-world feedback, and if your plan cuts it with your investors, receive funding
All seven of these steps happen before Thanksgiving break in your first semester. This is learning-by-doing. In the Spring semester, you will actually run the business, pay back your investors, and enjoy writing a (hopefully) large check to your community partner.
The benefits are multiple: learn about the different functions of a business; get real experience for your resume; start building a professional network of business people, alumni, older students, and faculty; gain practical experience that will help you understand your coursework later in the curriculum.
The Clarkson Difference
- The First-Year Experience
- Global Study
- Integrated, Hands-on Learning
- Get More Information