Health Professions Programs at Clarkson
Ready for a rewarding and challenging profession in today’s high growth, multifaceted health care industry?Our programs build on Clarkson’s reputation and solid commitment to developing the highest quality health care programs.
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Environmental/Occupational Health
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Occupational Therapy, (MS)
Every health-related field is driven by advances in science and technology. That’s why Clarkson, a university rich in technology, provides an ideal foundation for careers in the health sciences.
Our students also benefit from the expertise of our faculty and our network of local health care providers. We utilize clinical sites in St. Lawrence and surrounding counties in Northern New York, as well as throughout the country.
Both programs emphasize a collaborative and self-directed method of learning that involves student teams using patient case studies to explore and learn about critical health issues. The goal is for our students to develop the clinical skills necessary to provide the highest quality health care to patients.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, seven of the 20 fastest-growing occupations are in health care. The Bureau forecasts three million new health care jobs between 2006 and 2016 -- more than any other industry.
- Employment of physical therapists is expected to grow by 30 percent from 2008 to 2018
- Employment of physician assistants is expected to grow by 39 percent from 2008 to 2018.