Clarkson Common Experience
The Clarkson Common Experience provides a common set of learning expectations and outcomes for all Clarkson students. To achieve these outcomes, each student is required to complete a set of courses and a professional experience. Course work consists of required and elective courses both from within a student's major field and from across the spectrum of all disciplines in the university. Embodied in the Common Experience are four components that serve as common threads through multiple courses:
- learning to communicate effectively,
- developing an appreciation for diversity in both working and living environments,
- recognizing the importance of personal, societal, and professional ethics,
- understanding how technology can be used to serve humanity.
Each of these components is introduced early in the curriculum, reinforced in subsequent courses, and included in upper division courses.
Lists of Common Experience Courses - Knowledge Area, Communication Point, and TECH Courses
Common Experience Description
- List of the Common Experience Requirements
- Description of the Clarkson Common Experience in the Clarkson Catalog
Resources (Including Knowledge Area, Communication Point, and TECH Course Forms)The forms below for proposing the assignment of Knowledge Areas, Communication Points, and TECH status to courses alsso list the specific learning outcomes for these categories of courses.
- Communication Point (C1 & C2) Course Proposal Form
- Knowledge Area (Contemporary/Global Issues) Course Proposal Form
- Knowledge Area (Cultures and Societies) Course Porposal Form
- Knowledge Area (Economics/Organizations) Course Proposal Form
- Knowledge Area (imaginitive Arts) Coure Proposal Form
- Knowledge Area (Individual/Group Behavior) Course Proposal Form
- Knowledge Area (Science/Technology) Coure Proposal Form
- University Courses address outcomes for two Knowledge Areas, and the Course Proposal Forms for both Knowledge areas are submitted.
- Technology (TECH) Course Proposal Form
- Professional Requirement - Curriculum Plan
- Professional Experience - Curriculum Plan